I am


Writing is good for My Soul...






























Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tired

You have never questioned yourself
yet you often questioned me
was it a lack
of self control
or just
insecurity


Im not gonna try and understand
or reason with my being
I will take it
at face value
and announce
your uncertainty


My eyes spoke volumes
My words were sincere
Every touch was there to show you
That I would always be here


I wanted to reveal the woman that I am
yet you wouldnt give me that chance
and every time I thought I was getting closer
I'd catch that second glance


Eventually I realized it was never about me
But perhaps about the man you could become
You were afraid of the passion and security
of ever being loved


This fear was never mine though
It was something that you would hold
thus always running away
from the truth that I'd told


Love can do wonderous things
It can make you weak when you are strong
It can hold you together when all has failed
and everything has gone wrong


My journey with you
was a part of a test
God wanted you to embrace
Given this opportunity
To see success upon your face


Unfortunately you didnt grasp it
and embrace it just as you desired
Love was right here
But eventually
My heart had grown tired


© 2010 Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment