I am


Writing is good for My Soul...






























Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Broken hearts wounded souls

you can not break my heart
but this child can



you can not make me cry
but these children do


you can not cause me pain
but  these babies who have noone, does

you can not cause me  to be angry
but the refusal to act inhumane can


you can not take away my strength
but the past of my people went through make me weak

Aboriginal children in class at the Roman Catholic-run Fort George Catholic Indian Residential School, Fort George, Quebec, 1939.

You can not take away my pride
Because I know who I am
 where I came from
and most of all 
where I am going...



God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change, the Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference.....Amen

To be continued.. Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment